Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Testing Out Windows Live Writer

This is a test. It is ONLY a test. For months now my PC has been bugging me to download the Windows Live update. Last night I finally gave in and did a partial download of just Windows Writer (which is a desktop blogging platform) and Windows Movie Maker (which is a editing software). Haven’t had a chance or reason to use the Movie Maker yet but since I am going to be blogging a bit today I figured I could test this out.

New software is always strange and alien when you first open it and Writer is no different. That being said, i like what I’ve seen so far. The main window is colored like my blog so as I type this it’s on the blue background you see on the site (as opposed to a plain white box with black text as I usually see when I update from Blogger). It gives me the option of using it as a word processor with all the HTML formatting done behind the scenes or it allows me to check out the source code for the page in a different window.

The real benefit of using this software versus updating directly from the Blogger website in my internet browser are the customizable options. I can be reminded to add Tags, spell check and check links all before I publish the story. It also gives me more choices when it comes to formatting a story or inserting outside content like pictures, movies, maps, etc.

I’ll let you know over the next few days if I still feel the same but right now I’m loving this program. I think this will be my preferred method of updating from this point forward but anything can happen so if there are any major malfunctions I’ll report back. I have a couple more short posts I want to work on today. Funny enough a few of them are more tech related that any of the other shit I usually talk about on here so if that’s not your thing i apologize and would like to recommend you check out the stories in the news feed on the RIGHT SIDE of the page. That should keep you entertained for at least and hour or so. Also….here’s a new Panda.

 

STOP! DON'T SHOOT I'M A PANDA!

He’s clearly innocent so stop accusing him of stuff and let him play with his bamboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment