Tuesday, September 21, 2010

HACKED! or "How Shawn Was Violated Twice in Three Days By Strangers"

If you know me or if I've ever emailed you before then this morning or last night you may have received the following email:


Hello,
What have you been up to ?

Tell you a good news. At last few days,My friend Jack told me where
was called the  factory of world.All the things is very cheap.

Register to be their members as soon as possible, during this time,
they have discount sales, many surprises are waiting for you.

what's more it is very convenient.

The price of products is great low from there. But very perfect. It’s
incredible!

For example: laptops, cell phone, digital cameras, LCD TV, GPS and so on.

Remarkably,they have a very excellent after-sale service.

You can log on their website

wowdshop.com

I would like you to have a pleasant shopping!

Sincerely yours

The guy didn't even sign a name and clearly his broken English is a dead giveaway that it is NOT me writing this email.

Email hacks are annoying to be sure but I'm especially paranoid now because this past weekend my debit card info was stolen and used in failed attempts to purchase clothes and $30.00 worth of McDonald's. Thankfully the douche-mongers who stole from me were thwarted by the ever-watchful eye of Chase Bank Fraud Prevention.

Now I've changed all passwords to every site I log into as well as sending a report to the police about my debit card. Thankfully I'm usually broke so even if they were successful in stealing my debit account, there's not much for them to get.

Douche-mongers. 

1 comment:

  1. What is it with these stolen cards? Mel Caylo lost his at an ATM earlier this week, too.

    Stay safe. Oh, and your sidebar has the 'word-dribbles'. Might be a formatting problem, but it sure makes reading the 'site time machine' an exercise in head-scratching.

    ReplyDelete